Enjoying your free time don`t forget to explore the beautiful tourist destination and the various interesting places along the Bulgaria seacoast. Amazing experience can bring:
- Archaeological museum in Sozopol- exhibited many Greek, Late Roman, Byzantine objects- vases, tablecloths and terracotta statuettes and also some Christian art from the 17th to the 19th c. The museum has the largest collection in Bulgaria of painted antique ceramics from the end of the VI-II c. BC. The largest collection of Ionic ceramics and plastic arts.
- Church of the Holy Mother - One of the oldest churches in Old Sozopol, with a small beautiful garden; a real oasis of peace and recollection from daily tumult of life.
- Architectural and archaeological reserve – Ancient Sozopol– Churches and more than 180 Renaissance houses are preserved from the period XVIII – XIX c., which create the unique architectural appearance of present-day Sozopol. The ancient icons and magnificent wood-carved iconostases present the achievements of the arts of that time.
- Ropotamo Reserve - is famous with its beautiful water lilies. It is situated at the lowest stream of Ropotamo River. It was created in 1992 and it is at the distance of 12 km. south of Sozopol. When Ropotamo River infused into Black Sea, a firth with sea water formed. There are swamp places with ash-trees and water lilies. Here is located one of the most interesting rock formations in Bulgaria - the Lion's head.
- Thomas Island or Snake Island– 15 kilometers (9 miles) south of Sozopol. It has an area of 0.012 square kilometers (0.005 square miles) (2.97 acres) and is one of a very few places in Bulgaria where wild cacti grow. The Opuntia cacti were brought from the Botanical Garden in Bratislava, Slovakia and planted by the royal botanist Ivan Buresh on the orders of Tsar Boris III in 1933. They have covered most of the island since then
If you are in mood for new adventures you can always try:
- Windsurfing – best places for surfing in the area are Golden fish beach and camping “Gradina”. There you can find everything you need to enjoy.
- Scuba Diving – Fishes in each color, underwater stones and a lot more can be seen in the depth of the Black see.
- Water sports – amazing experience with jet riding or water-skiing.
- Family time – Waterpark Aqua Planet in the city of Primorsko is just 20 km away from Santa Marina Holiday Village.
If you want to enjoy your free time and to go deeper in to the spirit of Sozopol don`t hesitate to contact out travel agency FairPlay Travel and Tourism. Our time is always on your service!